built from the ground up for reproduction photography
The industrial iXR camera is a robust digital camera enabling a highly productive solution for large-scale digitization, fine art reproduction and other industrial applications.
Using input from leading reproduction experts, the iXR was built from the ground up to meet the exacting needs of the reproduction photographer and was designed to streamline workflow by enabling you to take full control of the entire process. The iXR’s impressive combination of unsurpassed image quality, high productivity and rugged engineering make it the perfect camera system for getting the job right, on time and on budget.
The iXR is fully compatible with the entire range of Leaf Credo digital backs and is also available as a standalone camera. When using the Leaf Credo on the iXR via Capture One PRO software, photographers can control the workflow remotely, without ever leaving their workstation. Easily move from Live View to Capture and adjust focus at the click of a button.
Gallery of Mirrors, Versailles Palace, © Art Digital Studio
Designed for full compatibility with Leaf Credo medium format backs, the iXR delivers the clean, detailed image quality that only high resolution, medium-format systems can provide. The combination of Leaf Credo digital backs, Mamiya focal plane and Schneider-Kreuznach designed leaf shutter lenses guarantees image quality that is second to none.
- Dynamic range of 12.5 f-stops is standard in Leaf Credo digital backs which are available in 80MP, 60MP and 40MP resolutions.
- Ultimate image sharpness with Mamiya’s extensive array of lenses including Schneider-Kreuznach designed leaf shutter lenses.
- Excellent color and detail with Capture One workflow software.
Full-integration between the core components that make up the iXR system ensures an end-to-end workflow solution. Remote focus and capture is made possible via seamless connectivity with Capture One workflow software enabling previously unseen levels of productivity and speed.
- Tailor-made for repro - The Phase One iXR camera system was built specifically to satisfy the needs of reproduction photographers.
- Remote focus and capture – Fine tune the focus and quickly move from Live View to capture, remotely, at the touch of a button.
The Phase One iXR body, made from tough, aircraft-grade aluminum alloys and without a mirror, ensures a heavy duty, workhorse solution. Designed without a mirror, this unique feature minimizes vibration and reduces the number of moving parts. These measures ensure a rugged, robust solution with an increased lifespan when compared to other industrial camera solutions.
- The modular nature of medium-format digital systems lets you easily upgrade with the release of new technologies.
- Rugged and robust – Built to last, the Phase One iXR camera body is made from extremely durable aircraft-grade aluminum alloys.
- LEMO connectors - Self-locking connectors make sure that cables stay securely connected while you work.
- Mirror-less system – The iXR has few moving parts and ensures minimal vibrations and longer life.
- Compact, small footprint – The iXR has a small footprint includes two 3/8 inch tripod sockets to enable you to lock the camera body.
Beethoven - An autographed draft - part of the first movement of the String Quartet in E flat Op. 127, comprising some 84 bars. [Courtesy Juilliard Manuscript Collection, photo by Ardon Bar Hama]
Specs for iXR Reproduction Camera
|Camera type||Medium format camera body for reproduction and industrial applications
|Digital back mounts||Mamiya 645/Phase One mount
Phase One IQ
Schneider-Kreuznach designed leaf shutter lenses
|Focus control||Remote or manual, real focus control in Live View mode via Capture One software or SDK|
|Automation||Full automation when working with Leaf Credo or Phase One IQ digital backs|
|Shutter speed||Leaf shutter: 1/1600s to 60 minutes
Focal plane: 1/4000s to 60 minutes
Constant open aperture option
|Shutter control||1/3 f-stop increments|
|Flash sync||Focal plane shutter: Up to 1/125s
Leaf shutter lenses: Up to 1/1600s
|Interfaces||X sync terminal
Secured power input (LEMO)
2 secured I/0 connectors (LEMO)
Electronic triggering via devices/hand release cable
Mini USB connector for firmware updates
|Tripod head socket||Two 3/8 inch - on bottom and on side (25 mm to locking pin hole)|
|Power input||12-30V DC|
|Maximum power consumption (including digital backs)||20 W|
|Dimensions||128 x 147 x 62 mm (W x H x D)
5.03 x 5.78 x 2.44 in (W x H x D)
|Weight (including digital back)||1.6 kg/3.5 lb|
|Approvals||FCC (Class A), CE, RoHS|
|Temperature||0° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)|
|Humidity||15 to 80% (Non-condensing)|
|Operating systems / software for Phase One Capture One||Windows 7® Mac OS X 10.6 or later|
|Content is subject to change without notice|
- Capture One 6.4 or higher
- Minimum Requirements Apple Mac: Core Duo 2 or higher, 4GB or more, 10.6 or higher
- Minimum Requirements Windows: Core Duo 2 or higher, 4GB or more, Win 7 or higher